This policy sets out:
- what information we collect
- how we collect personal information
- why we collect it
- how we use it
- how we disclose it
- management and security
- how to seek access to and update your personal information; and
- how to contact us
What Information we Collect
The information that we collect from you when you interact with us online depends on the tasks you complete on this website.
(i). Applying for a product or service information online
We need to obtain personal information to be able to contact you to provide you with service information for example, your e-mail address, name and telephone number. You will have the right to choose whether or not to provide additional personal information. Any personal information we collect from you will only be used for the purposes for which the personal information has been collected.
(ii). Browsing this website
When you visit and browse through this website we may collect personal information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to evaluate the performance of this website. Such general information includes:
- the number of users visiting this website and the number of pages viewed
- the date, time and duration of visits; and
- the path taken through this website
This information will not identify you and we will not combine it with any information in a manner whereby we can identify you.
You can contact us by e-mail on this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the choice whether or not to provide personal information other than your e-mail address. Any information provided to us via e-mail will be used only for the purposes outlined, for example for answering your inquiry or for providing information about our products and services.
How we collect personal information
We may collect your personal information in a number of ways and from a variety of sources, including:
- directly from you such as when you enter your personal details on our website
- when you communicate with us by e-mail, telephone or in writing from sources of information which are available to the public
- from our own records relating to the service and repair of your equipment
- when you participate in any promotional offers
- when you complete a survey or questionnaire
Why we collect it
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to provide you with the services and information relating to Northside Emergency Veterinary Service (NEVS) and its products that you require. We also collect information about you for the purposes outlined below.
We may state a more specific purpose at the point we collect your information.
How we use it
In addition to the primary purpose outlined above, we may use the personal information we collect to:
- to provide you with news and information about our products and services and opportunities that we believe you maybe interested in;
- for purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of goods and services to you;
- to gain a better understanding of your requirements in order for us to provide you with better and more personalised information suited to your needs;
- to administer and manage the services we provide;
- to research and develop our products and services;
- to manage and enhance our products and services;
- to maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- to communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone;
- to verify your identity; to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and or as required or permitted by any law or regulation (including without limitation the Privacy Act)
How we disclose it
We may rarely disclose personal information to third parties:
- that are our agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- as part of any investigation into you or your activity, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to the Police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator;
- as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business;
- and or as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
You may notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive any marketing material by contacting us directly. Our contact details can be found on the Contact Us page.
Management and Security
Other than in relation to Non-Confidential Information, we will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, pass word access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions. However, you acknowledge that the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the internet or by post at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose your personal information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws). The collection and use of your information by such third party/ies may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, or any other privacy breach please let us know immediately.
Accessing and Updating your Information and How to Contact Us
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to and update the personal information we hold about you. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
If you would like to seek access to personal information we hold about you, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, you can ring on (02) 9452-2933 or write to us at:
Northside Emergency Veterinary Service
635 Warringah Road
Forestville NSW 2057